19 July, 2008

i feel you, Lover of my soul. every tear is yours.

[drop in the ocean - painting by michael green]

GOD

I feel that God is traveling
so much in me, with the dusk and the sea.
With him we go along together. It is getting dark.
With him we get dark. All orphans...

But I feel God. And it even seems
that he sets aside some good color for me.
He is kind and sad, like those who care for the sick;
he whispers with sweet contempt like a lover's;
his heart must give him great pain.

Oh, my God, I've only just come to you,
today I love so much in this twilight; today
that in the false balance of some breasts
I weigh and weep for a frail Creation.

And you, what do you weep for...you, in love
with such an immense whirling breast...
I consecrate you, God, because you love so much;
because you never smile; because your heart
must all the time give you great pain.

- César Vallejo -
[translated by Robert Bly]

1 comment:

Be a Goddess music said...

Wow what a beautiful blog ! I have subscribed and thank you !!

sam x


Label Cloud